Thursday, February 24, 2011

Home Depot Marker Comps and Update













































I went ahead and uploaded some of my favorite marker comps from the Home Depot assignment. The two main concepts for the comps was one for the website and how helpful it is, the concept is basically "It's like were there with you." The imagery shows someone doing a common household task with what looks like the assistance of a home depot employee. The other is a play on the fact that home depot is fun, it is executed through the use of a toy box/tool box and the line "toys for big boys", really an even bigger concept that I am going to play with is marketing Home Depot as a toy store for adults. On top of those I added some outdoor Plus 10 ads that I think would be very successful for Home Depot. They would allow people to interact with the brand particularly the park bench level, which would encourage people to balance out the bench and get it level, as well as the Public Trans seat belt/tool belt which is using a captive audience to get the message across. Lastly, the in store bag and the buildable gift card were both attempts as quick ways to get across the look and feel of the store and the idea that you should always be building something or that you can "be your own handy man."

Up next for me is still the vodka ads which I will have uploaded next week when they are completed, I have not decided yet which brand to go with. What I am really excited about though is my submission along with copywriter Marta Malko to the One Show's student competition. All I will say for now is that the brief is about a NYC Charity Organization City Harvest and that we went the mobile gaming route in our solution. I am very satisfied with how the work is coming out and think it has a real shot to be a winner.

No comments: