Saturday, January 15, 2011

Post Numero Uno (thats number one in English)

Well this is it! First post on the blog... A lot to talk about so far. I am actually just finishing up my second week at Chicago Portfolio School and so far I have to say I am impressed. The professors are awesome and the students in my quarter are about as nutty as they come so needless to say we never have a dull moment. On Thursday we had our annual "freshman mixer" and the other quarters decided to prank us telling us that the theme of the party was our favorite animal and we had to dress up in costume to promote the theme. As im sure u guessed no one else was dressed up nor had this ever been a ritual in the past as we were told, regardless we rocked it. Most of us chose to use a play on words for the theme as I was a Gym Rat, some others dressed up as a Holy Cow, a mall rat, Party Animal, etc. Been learning alot about the idea of construction a concept or idea so far and the strategy of targeting individuals, I can tell already just two weeks in that huge improvements will be coming in the way I think about and build campaigns. As far as the city transition goes, I have now been living in the Chi for almost 4 months after a 6 year stint in Beantown (Boston for those of us living under a rock for the last 20 years) and I have to say it was a much easier transition than I had expected. Chicago is an amazing city, great food, some much history and culture and extremely friendly. I have managed to land a few part time jobs out here working the door at a Whiskey Bar in Lincoln Park called Faith and Whiskey, and personal training at Worlds Gym in the West Loop. No complaints for now!

No comments: